Friday, July 29, 2011

Two new techniques in one card....

At least it is for me lol.... There are several techniques floating around out there that I have been wanting to try for months but have been too chicken to try lol... I have been... I will admit I have a box I live in and stamp by.... and if the technique is outside that box I am in I am afraid to try it because I hate to fail at anything... and believe me since I started stamping like 5 or 6 years ago I have had many failures there... but I kept working at it until I did something I could be proud of.  Well this is one of the cards where I am happy that I tried it and will try it again but am hoping that the next time it looks more like what I have envisioned instead of turning out the way it wants to... lol.  Sometimes I think my stamps and paper have minds of their own and just look at me and say " Awe she doesn't know how she wants this to look so lets just do it our way and she will be satisfied with it." Ok before you ask.... NO I am not certifiably crazy, and I do not talk to my paper and stamps.... much... and usually I only talk to things that talk back, like tv's and radio's, oops you didn't hear that lol.  Soooo anyway on to the card.  The two techniques I tried were the Center Step Card and the Chalkboard Technique.  They were both easier than I thought and I am satisfied with how it turned out.  Please let me ( and my stamps and paper) know what you think!!!  We I love comments.




I hope you like it!!!

Have a scappilicious day!!!!


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! The colors, the design....everything is just FAB! You did a great job with the 2 techniques & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh.....sometimes my papercraft projects have a mind of their own too...kind of like my hair. :) I love this card and your creativity in using 2 techniques you were not familiar with. I think I may have to try out the chalkboard technique now. Well, it's at least on the list of to-do's when I'm brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne - Beautiful card. Love the way the roses look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous I love the colors and how they pop against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card! How about instructions? I've never made a center step card, and live in the same kind of Box!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's wonderful...and i know all about "the box"...once in awhile though you gotta try something new though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I am definitely going to step out of my box and try that center step card.

    ReplyDelete